FHFA Veteran Picked to Run Strategic Plan for Fannie and Freddie
Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:42 PM
The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) announced a new office to implement its Strategic Plan for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Conservatorships and named the person who will head it. Acting FHFA Director Edward J. DeMarco appointed Wanda I. DeLeo as Deputy Director of FHFA, responsible for the newly created Office of Strategic Initiatives.
The Plan which was sent to Congress is February established objectives and steps for FHFA to take to meet its obligations as conservator of the two government sponsored enterprises (GSEs). Under the plan, the next phase of the conservatorship will require FHFA to:
- Build a new infrastructure for the secondary mortgage market;
- Contract in a gradually manner the GSEs dominant presence in the marketplace while simplifying and shrinking their operations; and
- Maintain foreclosure prevention activities and credit availability for new and refinanced mortgages.
DeLeo is moving into her new role from one as Deputy Director of the FHFA’s Division of Examination Programs and Support and has held other positions at the agency including as its Chief Accountant. She will be the central point of contact for all matters related to the Strategic Plan with an immediate task to identify and organize key stakeholders, work streams and deliverables that flow from the plan.
More from MND:
- MND NewsWire: Lines Drawn over California Homeowner Legislation
- MBS Commentary: MBS RECAP: Some Month-End Volatility, But Bond Markets Hold Gains
- Mortgage Rate Watch: Mortgage Rates At New All Time Lows Ahead Of Key Jobs Report
- MND NewsWire: HOPE NOW Reports 43K Loan Modifications in April
- MND NewsWire: Mortgage Insurers Wrote $7 Billion in PMI Last Month
If you have trouble viewing this email, you can read the full post at http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/05312012_gse_reform.asp
You were sent this email because you opted to receive email alerts when a new article was published to this Mortgage News Daily channel. To adjust your email settings:
Manage Your Email
Unsubscribe from all Email Communications